Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our Dream Starts Now!

Recently watching TV, I saw a commercial for American Idol where every contestant from one city got together and yelled the phrase, "Our Dream Starts Now!"

I think that's a great idea, that this is their dream, and because of this show, they get an opportunity to live their dream.

But at the same time, I wonder about how they feel if they don't make it? Do they think this was their only dream, and their only chance? Do we sometimes feel that way? That if this one big thing doesn't work now, it might never work? Do we limit our dreams? Do we leave our dreaming in the hands of others to make them come true?

I have been thinking about my 'dream', and what exactly that is. Do I have one dream? I don't think so. I have always dreamed of a family, being a good father and husband. I have dreamed of serving a mission, and sharing the gospel with those who need it. I have dreamed of various jobs through the years, anything from professional baseball to a pediatrician. I have dreamed of luxurious trips to remote islands, and rough and tumble camping trips. I have had dream come true, I have given up on dreams. But in the end, it all come back to the same question. When does the dream start?

Do we wait until our dream comes to us? We could be waiting years. Do we go get our dream? What will it take to make our own dreams come true? Do we sacrifice things we have now to get the things we want later?

I agree with American Idol. I think 'Our Dream Starts Now!' I think we find our dream and work towards it now! If you have a dream job, get into classes! If you have a dream home, start saving! If you have a dream family, make yourself the person you have to be to raise that family! If you have given up on a dream, take another look at it. It's still there, you just forgot about it for a while. Sometimes the things we think are least likely, we can make it happen.

Let your dream start now.

-Tenacious Tenor

1 comment:

  1. And sometimes dreams that you didn't even know you had come true!

    ReplyDelete