Monday, February 25, 2013

Start of Another Adventure

Tonight ends my first night in the MTC.  It seems like so long ago when I was dropped off.  Let's start from the top.

I got my badge and ID card
I dropped my luggage off in my room.
I went to Spanish Class, ya, that fast.
I met my companion, Elder C.  He is from Cedar Hills, UT.  He is going to Dallas, Texas, when everyone else in our room is going to Chicago.  We try not to tease him too much;)  He is a great guy and I am already starting to feel the Lord's love for him.  I think we are going to get along nicely.  He and I will balance each other out.
I (miraculously) understood our teacher in class.  He did not speak a word of English the whole day, and I understood 98% of what he was teaching.  He talked a lot about our purpose and how important it is that we give 100%.  Giving 99% is not enough and giving 101% will pull 1% from something else that needs our 100% focus.   Lucas, Landon, remember that.
I went to a welcome devotional from the MTC presidency.  They talked to us about not getting overwhelmed and to be ourselves.
     "What e'er thou art, act well thy part."
I had dinner.  It was decent.  Food is food.
I had some time to unpack.
I then went with everyone to our first teaching opportunity.  There were somethings that shocked me and some beautiful testimonies born.
I met my zone leaders, Elder S and  Elder G.  It's a good thing I don't deal much with the coordinating Sister, because she doesn't seem to like me much.
Now, I am back in my room for the night.  I've unpacked and prepared myself to stay for the next 6 weeks. Here goes nothing.
It should be interesting.  Everyone tells me to make it to Sunday and I will be Okay.  It's a good principle for life too.  If you can just make it to Sunday, it'll all be Okay.
P-day is Tuesday, so I will be e-mailing you then.  I need to go write in my journal and such.
Love you all,
The Church is True, your body is a Temple, don't do drugs.
-Elder Gifford (Tenacious Tenor)

No comments:

Post a Comment