Monday, December 16, 2013

Buffalo Grove

Hey all!

My time is short, but I will do my best. To start, I'm pretty sure this will be my motto for every email I write while here on my mission, so just assume that it's going to start with this phrase, "Let me explain...... No, there is too much. Let me sum up."

So, let me sum up. It is now Monday, the 16th of December. Wahoo! I have been here for exactly a week, and so much has happened. I have received my first companion and trainer, Elder W. He is awesome, has been out almost 1 year, and we are working very well together. We are opening a new area together, which is a lot harder than it sounds like. A lot of planning and establishing and tracting. Lots and lots of tracting.

We have spent the week running around trying to get our feet under us so we can actually go somewhere with the work, and it is only now starting to show that the work is coming. So we are gonna keep running and hope we get some more runners along the way.

I am also a new online proselyting missionary, so I will be managing my own Facebook account now, but everything will be of a spiritual sense, so quite a bit different. That also means that any contacting that someone tries to do through Facebook will be all but ignored. I love everyone back home, but I'm not on Facebook to socialize. I'm using it for the Lord's work, so any and all contacting should be done through conventional means. Email me! I would love that! Write me letters! I love that more! I will usually be on Facebook around the same time every week, depending on how the rest of the P-day goes. It may vary, but that's mission life.

Well, I gotta go, but I promise there will be more next week. Things are kinda of hectic right now, but it will slow down. I hope. ;) For now, I love letters, I love packages, I love you all!

Elder Logan Dee Gifford
Illinois Chicago Mission
800 Waukegan Rd. Ste #203
Glenview, IL 60025

I love you all, the Lord loves you all!

-Elder Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment