Monday, January 20, 2014

"...And ye shall come off conqueror."

My time is short this week, but that's okay because unfortunately I don't really have a lot to say. This week my companion and I were thinking about transfers, (we are both staying) and realizing that if either of us left, we would be leaving absolutely zero work to do in the area, so we prayed, and prayed, and the answer kind of scared us, so we prayed some more to be sure. The answer was the same. "You don't have work? FIND some."......... Uh, how much finding are we talking here? "You have six days until transfers, so right around six days worth." Yeah, that's right. Every moment away from home this week was spent on the streets of Buffalo Grove tracting. Our goal was to hit 40 solid hours for the week, and we actually ended up with like 41&1/2,so look at us go, right?

Okay, so that was a little bit of bragging there, just to say I did it, but here's the spiritual part. This Friday we were tracting in the 20 hour range, and we were exhausted. We had thought about stopping, or just driving around for a few minutes, but we knew we needed to keep going. We decided that we were going to hit four more houses and then move on to a different area to keep things fresh. We hit three houses, to no avail. No one even answered the door folks. We were having a rough night. Earlier that day we had been talking with a nice Christian couple about our work here, and they joked about finding lost sheep, and if they ever found one they would send them our way.  That night a few hours later as we started this street we prayed for a lost sheep. We just asked Heavenly Father to lead us to someone that
needed Him. And guess what, he did. Our last house for the hour, a nice English gentleman opened the door and when we asked if he would be interested in learning more about our Church, his response was,
"Sure, are you busy now? Come on in."  We taught him about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration, and set up a return appointment for later this week. As we were finishing up his exact words were, "It's amazing that you two showed up when you did. A week ago I never would have let you in, but right now I'm really searching for some direction in my life, and this might be it."  Guys, people are ready, they are out there. There are lost sheep looking for a shepherd. Don't give up on finding them. There really isn't much else I can say this week than what I have said. Keep looking, and you will find them.

I love you.
God loves you.

-Elder Logan Gifford

P.S.

A few pictures this week just because I am a dork and we had a long week. 

The first two is Elder W and I being dorks showing that we defeated that 40-hour tracting week, and did it with style. (Yes, that is an AR-15 I have modified to fire Mormon.org cards. It's exactly what it looks like.)


The third one is how we celebrated our victory.  That's right, we celebrate with class and calories. (I'm thinking of you here, you know who you are :D) 


The last one is just a subtle hint. Subtle though. 


Also, if your middle name happens to be Cat, look up Proverbs 25:25, I thought of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment