Monday, March 3, 2014

Transfers already? That can't be right...

So the email today is more informational than anything else, but hey, it's something.

Transfers are tomorrow, and I'm not going anywhere. My companion is however. So I will be getting a new companion, Elder T. We came out on the same plane, so because I know the area, that makes me senior companion for at least the first transfer we are together.  Crazy right? I don't know enough to be a senior companion yet!

The other big thing I wanted to talk about is a mission wide fast we just had, and I will probably be repeating several times this month.  Our mission president has decided that we aren't baptizing nearly enough people, so what does he do? Takes it to The Lord of course!


Yesterday we all fasted for the same thing. That every single companionship in the entire mission will be able to bring at least one person into the waters of baptism by April 13th. That's roughly 125 baptisms in the next month. Can we do it? Heck yeah! And we are going to! The first place for us however is finding someone to teach. Then we can start thinking about the whole baptism thing. :) it's definitely a testimony to me of the power of fasting and prayer though. To know that with faith we can accomplish this enormous goal, that's amazing. Elder T and I are going to tear up the area and we are going to baptize at least two people by that day. Goals are only worth it if you aim high, right?

The last thought I wanted to mention is something that a departing Elder in my district said at district meeting last week. 'Every new area or new companion is a brand new mission.' I love that. How cool is that? We all make mistakes. We all have hard days, weeks, or transfers. But as soon as you get that new companion or area, nothing from the last one has to cross over. It's all a new slate. That's my goal for when I pick up my new companion tomorrow. Brand new mission.  So wish me luck, I'm getting ready to serve my third brand new mission.

Like I said, mostly informational, and not very long. But I want you all to know that I have such a strong testimony of the power of prayer and fasting, and I know that if we work hard at this goal and give it our all, that we will accomplish it.

I love you.
The Lord loves you.
Your Mom loves you. (Well it's true!)
The Church is true, your body is a Temple, DON'T DO DRUGS!

-Elder Logan Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment